Saturday, October 18, 2008

A work in progress...

(Grace.)

Unchanging nature leads to a provocation of grace-
That which never defers from its natural state of perfection
Need not pour out mercy, as if it had a mandate to do so.
Grace comes as a modest prairie breeze-
Something so quiet yet arresting, not only necessary but certain-
That even on the most pacific day, it is appreciated for itself alone.

The definition of purity.
The very meaning of undeserved and unrequited.
Poured out, overflowing, beautiful and priceless
For all those He has chosen.
It is the meal of fools for those who can not be captured by it,
And the very essence of hope for the living who will endure.


(Response to grace.)

I can not help but be moved by its timely presence.
Gentle, holy and completely disproportionate to my natural state.
Stare at the unseen, and know it for what it is-
Genuine manna from the hand of One who knows not fairness,
For He deals in a currency far more enduring- justice and mercy,
The brothers of grace. None deserved. None given lightly. None withheld.

And this is my response:
To be found on my face, in a repose unearned and unmistakable.
Tears of joy still streaming as incessantly as the first day
They discovered their purpose.
A healing elixir, bringing the old to light and replacing the past.
A new day is born! O, that grace which has not yet met its final act.
When all else has failed, still I cling to this-
Grace has redeemed me and set me free.
My feet know no fetter in the bonds of that most heavenly of gifts.
The blood still covers, still proves to be more than enough.
And I am enraptured with grace, confounded by its workings,
Yet always aware that it is a precious light amidst a world of darkness.
And my response will always be, Amen.

No comments: