Saturday, July 24, 2010

Some days I feel...

Like you and me and everyone
Are waiting for a flawless moment
When the imperfect is far more joyous...

Like days and nights
All get mixed together
Into tangled catastrophe...

Like first and last
Are just quirky counterparts
On an unfinished track to somewhere...

Like unbroken sleep
Is a balm of pure mystery
That continually evades me...

Like my mind will split wide open
Like the first time I read Dickens or Whitman
To which no modern words can compare...

Like time waits incessantly for us
But can not pause to carry us along
If we tarry where we should not...

Like I can see with a thousand eyes
The light that pierces deeply
With sureness that never fails...

Like I want to scream the truth
Even to those who won't hear it
Who grope in the depths of numbness...

Like change is my favorite ride
Oh! The newness and feel of it
I long for it so...

Like everyone is just going to
Drift away on a golden sea
I don't belong to...

Do I graciously give up and flee
Or bravely stay and fight?
I just don't know...
I just don't know...

No comments: